Sweet Potato Toast
SWEET POTATO TOAST. The perfect breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack, in my opinion at least! Baked in just 30 minutes, prepared sweet or savoury, and topped with whatever you have in your fridge or pantry - and BAM you have yourself a satisfying, delicious, and quick meal ready to eat.
Lately I've been seeing this foodie trend alllll over Instagram, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm already sweet potato obsessed, so when I saw another way that people were using these root veggies, I had to jump on the bandwagon asap. SO glad that I did. When you're not quite sure what you want to eat, sweet potato toast is a great idea because you can top each slice with a little bit of everything and anything. Plus, even when you pile on the toppings (I’m definitely guilty of this), the sweet potato slices hold up just fine.
If you’re seeking a gluten-free toast option, with tons of health benefits, look no further than this sweet potato recipe!
Here are some topping ideas, sweet and savoury!
1. Tahini, sliced banana, granola
2. Coconut yogurt, raspberries, dark chocolate
1. Avocado, sauerkraut
2. Cashew cream cheese, pulled jackfruit
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Scrub, dry, and slice 2-3 sweet potatoes lengthwise into ¼ inch slices.
3. Place sweet potato slices onto a pan lined with a baking sheet.
4. Bake sweet potato slices for 25 minutes. Flip half way through.
4. Remove sweet potato slices, allow to cool slightly, and add toppings!
If you try this recipe out, be sure to tag #TwoHangryVegans or @TwoHangryVegans on Instagram! Can’t wait to see your creations!!