Sunday Morning Waffles
Light, airy, and crispy. These waffles (or pancakes with abs!?) are the ideal Sunday morning breakfast. Make these vegan waffles for your non-vegan friends and family and I bet they wouldn't have a clue that they're animal-free. You can take these waffles to the next level by dressing them up as you please with whatever toppings you wish... strawberries & chocolate, bananas & peanut butter, or even mango & coconut flakes. I chose to keep my waffles relatively simple with dairy-free melted chocolate chips, different fruits, and a sprinkle of granola.
These waffles require just 30 minutes to whip up and can be made using 10 of your everyday kitchen ingredients, including all--purpose flour, baking powder, and a milk of your choice. If you don't have a nonstick waffle maker (like me), make sure to add a generous amount of coconut oil to the interior of your waffle maker to ensure that your waffles can be removed with ease.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup tigernut flour (sub for more all-purpose flour)
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup tigernut milk (sub for another milk of your choice)
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Add coconut oil to your waffle maker and preheat it according to your waffle maker's directions.
2. In one bowl combine the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, tigernut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, vanilla bean powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients: tigernut milk, water, and coconut oil.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the pre-heatted waffle maker as directed.
6. Cook the waffles according to the waffle maker's direction, it should take approximately 5-7 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the waffle from the waffle maker. Repeat steps 5-6 until all the batter is used up.
8. Add toppings and indulge!
If you try this recipe out, be sure to tag #TwoHangryVegans or @TwoHangryVegans on Instagram!